Welcome to the 2019 Spring baseball season at Livermore Little League!
Home of Livermore Baseball, 2018 Intermediate U.S. Champions and runner-up at the World Series!
We are preparing for an exciting season and pleased to offer you early registration at a discounted rate. Registration fees are the same as last year. Be sure to register early (and tell your friends) as the price will increase soon, and again as we get closer to the end of the year.
Please read through all the information below as it contains important registration info!
New for 2019 (Jackson fields):
- Jackson fields have been completely ripped up and all the grass replaced.
- New fences will be installed
- Warning Track in the outfield!
- New water lines for sprinklers
- Proper grading for water drainage
- Paved walkways are planned in 2019, among other improvements.
- We are hoping to have taller backstops also installed by opening day at both Jackson fields as well.
- New board members will begin on Oct 1. You can see the election results here. (Half of the board is elected every year, most positions are elected for two years.)
When registering, please verify the LEAGUE AGE of your player using the following chart. Often times players are one age, but playing as another age during the season. This is to ensure all players worldwide are on the same age level throughout the season all the way to the World Series.
2019 Little League Age Chart
Livermore has two Little League's. You can view the boundary map here. Even if you live in Granada's territory, you may still play for our league if you attend school within our territory. Documentation will be necessary to show residency and date of birth for each of your players.
If you are in need of Financial Assistance you can visit the page for more info.
Family Participation Program (Volunteering):
At Livermore Little League, families are a part of the Team. The League is run solely on volunteers and we need all of our families to get involved. Throughout the season, there are a variety of opportunities for everyone to participate and contribute to the success of our Teams and the entire League.
What is the expectation?
Each family is expected to participate in one (or more) volunteer activities per family participating in LLL. If a family is unable or unwilling to participate in an approved activity, they may pay an opt out fee of $95 at the time of registration. If a family does not complete this participation requirement by the end of the season, families will be charged $150.
Note: Not all activities require the same amount of time - the variety of opportunities allow for everyone to contribute in ways that best meet the abilities/interest/skills/schedule for our diverse families.
Family Participation (Volunteer Roles) can be found here.
More information to come, but if you have any immediate questions, you may contact our Volunteer Coordinator. Registration for various volunteer activities will be available in the upcoming months to prepare for the season as we get closer to tryouts. Emails will be sent out for you to register for your desired roles.
In the registration you need to select the option to volunteer. This will forego the $95 fee. Also, you will receive an email in about a week or two from JDP, our background check provider. You will be required to enter your name, address, SS, etc. to submit the background check. This is a new process this year and everyone will be required to initially fill out the quick form. JDP is officially contracted to run all background checks for the Little League Organization. It is a nationwide search for registered sex offender and criminal history, this is of course to ensure all volunteers in our league are safe to be working with our players.
This year, just like last year, we are implementing the $50 sponsorship fee. This refundable fee is in lieu of finding a team sponsor. Simply find a business to sponsor your player, and with a minimum $75 business donation, your $50 will be refunded to you. More info will be sent out after registration closes on how to receive your refund. If you have a business sponsorship, please email [email protected]
Refund policy Reminder:
- Coaches Meeting: November 13th, 7pm at Fantasy Sound (for all coaches minors and above)
- Tryouts will be held December 8-9th (yes, based on feedback from last year, we are moving up tryouts into December this year.)
- All kids trying out for Minors or Majors will be placed where they are drafted. It is not necessary to select a division. Certain ages will be moved up to ensure they are placed with similar skilled and age kids. If you have any concerns for safety in a particular division for your player, please add a note to the "comments" during registration. A board member and coaches will evaluate them and determine the best fit for your player.
- Practice begins in January
- Parents First Pitch Night (All Parents to attend): January 9th (tentative)
- Opening Day Ceremonies: February 23rd
- Season ends June 1st
- Practices are held 1-3 times per week and start as early as 4pm. As the season advances, practice and games are later as daylight allows. Practice days are up to the team and manager.
- Games are held during the week Tues - Thurs as early as 4pm. As we get into the season, daylight allows us to move the games back to a later start. Of course we'll have games on Saturday as usual, and if we have multiple rainouts, Mondays may need to be used.
- If your division is waitlisted, please register. We'll hopefully be able to get more in, we just want to make sure we have room and coaches available before accepting your application.
- Division Information
- The registration deadline for Minors, Majors, Intermediate and Juniors was December 2nd. We are currently in Waitlist for these divisions.
- Teeball, Farm, and Seniors will be option into Mid January.
* Refunds may be requested until December 1, 2018. A $35 processing fee will apply.
* No refunds after December 1, 2018
If you have any questions regarding registration, please email us at [email protected]. If you would like to pay by check, please email us to make arrangements.