Welcome to the 2020 Spring baseball season at Livermore Little League!
Home of Livermore Baseball, 2018 Intermediate U.S. Champions and runner-up at the World Series!
A lifetime of memories await you in 2020!!!
We are preparing for an exciting season and pleased to offer you early registration at a discounted rate. Registration fees are the same as last year (OR CHEAPER in some divisions!!!). Be sure to register early (and tell your friends) as the price will increase soon, and again as we get closer to the end of the year.
Please read through all the information below as it contains important registration info!
When registering, please verify the LEAGUE AGE of your player using the following chart. Often times players are one age, but playing as another age during the season. This Little League standard is in place to ensure all players worldwide are on the same age level throughout the season all the way to the World Series.
Livermore has two Little League's. You can view the boundary map here. Even if you live in Granada's territory, you may still play for our league if you attend school within our territory. Documentation will be necessary to show residency and date of birth for each of your players regardless of where you live.
If you are in need of Financial Assistance, please click here to submit an application. All financial aid recipients are expected to volunteer above the normal amount to contribute in lieu of the discounted rate.
Family Participation Program (Volunteering):
At Livermore Little League, families are a part of the Team. The League is run solely on volunteers and we need all of our families to get involved. Throughout the season, there are a variety of opportunities for everyone to participate and contribute to the success of our Teams and the entire League.
What is the expectation?
Each family is expected to participate in one (or more) volunteer activities per family participating in LLL. If a family is unable or unwilling to participate in an approved activity, they may pay an opt out fee of $95 at the time of registration. If a family does not complete this participation requirement by the end of the season, families will be charged $150. New tracking will be in place for 2020 to ensure this is fair to all families volunteering and those opting out.
Note: Not all activities require the same amount of time - the variety of opportunities allow for everyone to contribute in ways that best meet the abilities/interest/skills/schedule for our diverse families.
Family Participation (Volunteer Roles) can be found here.
More information to come, but if you have any immediate questions, you may contact our Volunteer Coordinator. Registration for various volunteer activities will be available in the upcoming months to prepare for the season as we get closer to tryouts. Emails will be sent out for you to register for your desired roles.
Volunteer Background Checks:
In the registration below you need to select the option to volunteer. This will ensure the system does not charge you the $95 fee. Also, you will receive an email in December from JDP, our background check provider. You will be required to enter your name, address, SS, etc. to submit the background check. This is a new process from 2019 and everyone will be required to initially fill out the quick form annually. JDP is officially contracted to run all background checks for the Little League Organization. It is a nationwide search for registered sex offender and criminal history, this is of course to ensure all volunteers in our league are safe to be working with our players.
This year, just like last year, we are implementing the $50 sponsorship fee. This refundable fee is in lieu of finding a team sponsor. Simply find a business to sponsor your player, and with a minimum $100 business donation, your $50 will be refunded to you. More info will be sent out after registration closes on how to receive your refund. If you have a business sponsorship, please email [email protected]
Interested in coaching?? Please register here!
Practices and Games:
- Tryouts will be held December 7-8th
- All kids trying out for Minors or Majors will be placed where they are drafted. It is not necessary to select a division. Certain ages will be moved up to ensure they are placed with similar skilled and age kids. If you have any concerns for safety in a particular division for your player, please add a note to the "comments" during registration. A board member and coaches will evaluate them and determine the best fit for your player. Makeup tryouts are December 14th.
- Practice begins in January
- Notifications of Team Placement (minors and majors divisions): Week of January 10th
- Parents First Pitch Night (All Parents to attend): January 14th
- Opening Day Ceremonies: February 29th
- Picture day also on opening day
- Closing Ceremonies: May 30th
- Elite Games: May 31
- Announcement of All-Star Teams: June 1
- Practices are held 1-3 times per week and start as early as 4pm. As the season advances, practice and games are later as daylight allows. Practice days are up to the team and manager.
- Games are held during the week Tues - Thurs as early as 4pm. As we get into the season, daylight allows us to move the games back to a later start. Of course we'll have games on Saturday as usual, and if we have multiple rainouts, Mondays may need to be used.
- If your division is waitlisted, please register. We'll hopefully be able to get more in, we just want to make sure we have room and coaches available before accepting your application.
- Division Information
- The registration deadline for Minors, Majors, Intermediate and Juniors is November 22nd. We may have a late registration option up until December 5th, but some divisions may be waitlisted. Register early!
- Teeball, Farm, and Seniors will be option into mid-January.
* Refunds may be requested through Friday, November 22nd, 2019. A $35 processing fee will apply.
* Requested between Nov 23rd - Dec 5th a $75 processing fee applies to refund requests.
* No refunds after Thurs, December 5th, 2019 for any reason. This is because teams are being formed and coaches selected based on number of members registered. Many other factors are determined based on registration numbers and we apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please email us at [email protected]. If you would like to pay by check, please email us to make arrangements.