The Board of Directors for Livermore Little League is a very rewarding experience where you have influence on the future of our program. We are a diverse group of baseball minded members, very supportive of each other, and have the players best interest in mind.
Election Day for the 2018 Year will be held on the day of Closing Ceremonies, June 2. (due to technical difficulties, this was extended to be online through 6/3 at noon).
Votes are to be done in-person on June 2nd, and parents get 1 vote per player (example, a family with three (3) players gets three (3) total votes).
Positions are a 2 year term beginning October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2020, unless noted below. Positions are staggered so that we do not potentially have a completely new board every year.
(Winners below are in Blue)
|Vice President: |
Kevin Kohn (Incumbent)
| Secretary: |
John Lee (Incumbent)
Bill Taulbee, CPA (Incumbent)
|Registration Administrator: |
|Player Agent: |
Andrea Santin (Incumbent)
Jaime Whatley (winner)
|Fall Ball Coordinator: |
|Upper Division Vice President:|
Mickey Hill (Incumbent)
| Umpire Development Officer:|
Steve Kwan (Incumbent)
|Fundraising Coordinator: |
Kevin Dennis (Incumbent)
|Snack Shack Coordinator (1yr):||Teeball Commissioner (1yr): |
|Challenger Coordinator: |
Brent Spencer (Incumbent)
|Equipment Manager (1yr term):|
|Volunteer Coordinator (1yr term):|
- Vice President - Presides in the absence of the president; works with other officers and committee members; is ex-official member of all committees and carries out such duties and assignments as may be delegated by the President.
- Secretary - Maintains a register of members and directors; records the minutes of meetings; is responsible for sending out notice of meetings, issues membership cards and maintains a record of league’s activities.
- Treasurer - Signs checks co-signed by another officer or director; dispenses league funds as approved by the Board of Directors; reports on the status of league funds; keeps local league books and financial records; prepares budgets and assumes the responsibility for all local league finances.
- Registration Administrator - Responsible for holding in person registration, validating all birth certificates and addresses to ensure players are eligible for play in our district.
- Player Agent - Conducts annual tryouts, and is in charge of player selection, assists president in checking birth records and eligibility of players; serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the local league and generally supervises and coordinates the transfer of players to or from the Minor Leagues according to provisions of the regulations of Little League.
- Fall Ball Coordinator - Term begins ASAP, Runs, manages, and promotes Fall Ball season with the help of other board members and staff, coaches, etc.
- Upper Division VP - Manages the Upper Division coordination between leagues to ensure teams are filled, coaches positions are filled, scheduling, and all things upper division.
- Umpire Development Officer - Responsible for working with District Umpires and local umpires in the training and development of our umpire program to ensure we have fair play, responsible umpires, who create a fun and fair atmosphere for our players.
- Fundraising Coordinator - Solicits and secures local sponsorships to support league operations; collects and reviews sponsorship and fundraising opportunities; organizes and implements approved league fundraising activities; coordinates participation in fundraising activities; and maintains records of monies secured through sponsorship and fundraising initiatives.
- Snack Shack Coordinator - (1 Year term, position to start ASAP) Maintains the operation of concession facilities; organizes the purchase of concession products; responsible for the management of the concession sales at league events; schedules volunteers to work the concession booth during league events; collects and reviews concession related offers including coupons, discounts, and bulk-purchasing opportunities; and organizes, tallies and keeps records of concession sales and purchases.
- Teeball Commissioner (1 Year term) - Organizes and runs the Teeball and Farm division. Establishes local rules, recruites managers, assists with scheduling. This is a 1 year position on the board.
- Challenger Coordinator - (Brent Spenser) - Organizes and runs the Challenger division. Recruites managers and players, assists with scheduling.
- Equipment Manager - 1 yr (New position) - Organizes equipment to be handed out, ensures equipment is returned at the end of the year. Throughout the year ensures necessary supplies are available to maintain the fields. Works with coaches to ensure they have what they need readily available for games.
- Volunteer Coordinator - 1 yr (New position) - Little League is run by volunteers. The Board of Directors above and managers are not the only volunteers in the league. We also have Snack Shack, field maintenance, basket coordinators, various events to plan, among many other volunteers. This position would assist in organizing and recruiting volunteers, as well as keep track of them. This person should be organized and have good communication skills.
Little League Website to roles and responsibilities
For any questions or concerns you can email the Information Officer: [email protected]
Current Member in Role:
- VP - (Kevin Kohn)
- Treasurer - (Bill Taulbee)
- Registration Administrator - Open position
- Player Agent - (Andrea Santin)
- Fall Ball Coordinator - Term begins ASAP, (Open position)
- Upper Division VP - (Mickey Hill)
- Umpire Devlopment Officer - (Steve Kwan)
- Fundraising Coordinator - (Kevin Dennis)
- Snack Shack Coordinator - (Karna Mapes)
- Teeball Commissioner (John Lange, 1 Year term)
- Challenger Coordinator - (Brent Spencer)
- Equipment Manager - 1 yr (New position)
- Volunteer Coordinator - 1 yr (New position)
Other Board Positions not up for re-election this year.
- President -Denise Arante
- Info Officer - David Druyor
- Safety Officer- Kent Hutchings
- Umpire In Chief (UIC) - Jennifer Watsonbird
- Summer Tournament Coordinator & Scheduling - Tim Corliss
- Coaching Coordinator - Rich Moore
- Fields - Chris Perry