Livermore Little League Community -
We would like to give each of you an update on our current field status for our league. Since we were asked by the school district to vacate our fields at Junction, we have been working on a longer term plan to provide a great baseball playing experience for Livermore families for generations to come.
Last year, many of you came out to voice your support for our league's fields at the LARPD public hearing on a redesign of the Bill Payne baseball facility currently being proposed. As you may recall, this field proposal had two possible outcomes:
- A dual use facility to support baseball and Soccer with lights and turf, a snack shack and playground,
- A single use facility for Soccer
The momentum of the discussion was in the direction for option 2. Our constructive feedback at the meeting helped everyone present realize there was a need for more baseball fields in our city. LARPD worked hard to find a solution for us. Together, we proposed a third option where LARPD would allow us to construct two more fields at our current Robert Livermore Community Center (RLCC) facility if we could support a design at Bill Payne that does not include fields there. We are still working on these details as discussions continue.
We see many benefits to this design recommendation at RLCC. These are:
- A central playing location that will support our entire community from our 4-year-old players to our 16-year-olds. This helps the sense of community and friends to meet more frequently rather than being dispersed at fields across the city.
- Better bathroom facilities
- Better parking for our community with better access for our Seniors who like to watch grandchildren play in their games
- Better Snack Shack facilities
- Combined with Jackson Facilities, this gives us 6 fields in one location and connected together
A proposed design of the RLCC facility is listed below. We thank you for your continued support in the community for advocating in behalf of Baseball in Livermore!