Tryout Details for the 2019 Spring Season
We're starting early this year. Registration closed December 2nd, and the below tryout info is for all Single A, AA, AAA, Majors, Int., and Juniors.
Here's what to expect at this year's tryouts:
- Bring your glove, cleats, hat, helmet and all your baseball gear. (If you don't have something, not to worry, but a baseball glove is needed as that is something that can't be easily shared.)
- Boys will need a protective cup (as with all practices and games, this is required).
- Players should wear comfortable clothes, like what they would wear to a practice. Dress warm and bring a water bottle.
- The tryout will vary slightly to be age appropriate, but all groups will cover the following stations: Hitting, fielding grounders, throwing, running 2 bases (timed), and catching pop ups. Players wanting to pitch or catch, will also have the chance do so immediately after their tryout.
- Plan for tryouts to last about 90 minutes, but could be + or - depending on how many kids in each group.
- All parents will need to remain in the stands or outside the field.
- Please arrive on time at the check-in time, there will be a check in table to get your number, validate your registration documents and get the player out on the field. From there he or she can get warmed up and we'll get started promptly at the start time. It's important that the players pay attention, listen to the coaches when directed, and have fun! This shouldn't be a stressful situation, we realize the kids may be a little rusty from not playing in a few months or maybe this is their first time. But as long as they are out there doing their best, that is what is important.
- Teeball and Farm do NOT need to tryout. This is for Single A, AA, AAA, Majors, Intermediates and Juniors (ages below).
- However, if you registered for Farm, are league age 6 or 7 you are encouraged to tryout for Single A, just show up and plan to tryout. If your player is drafted, we will move your registration to the new division. The price adjustment will show up on your account for the difference. League age 6 players should have at least one year of prior LL experience in order to tryout for Single A.
- See your "League Age" column below for the time slot. Those with A-L or M-Z refers to last names.
- Please "like" our Facebook page for the latest information or the latest updates for weather the day of tryouts. We'll also use RainedOut for the latest info as we do during the season.
- Please dress appropriately. It was very cold the first weekend, set your kids up for success and ensure they are warm during tryouts so they can do their best.
Draft Day postponed until early January:
The draft was moved from today to after the holiday's the first week or two of January. The dates will be finalized and announced later this week. Thank you all for your patience, we know how excited everyone is to hear what team they are on. We just want to make sure we have the details right so that all our players have the best experience possible!
Please reference the League Age chart below to arrive at the appropriate time slot.
This is likely different than the current actual age of your player so double check the chart.
If you have any questions on this, please email [email protected]