Tryout Details for the 2020 Spring Season
We're starting early this year. Registration closes December 4th, and the below tryout info is for all Single A, AA, AAA, Majors, and Intermediate divisions.
Here's what to expect at this year's tryouts:
- Bring your glove, cleats, hat, helmet and all your baseball gear. (If you don't have something, not to worry, but a baseball glove is needed as that is something that can't be easily shared.)
- Boys will need a protective cup (as with all practices and games, this is required).
- Players should wear comfortable clothes, like what they would wear to a practice. Dress warm and bring a water bottle. It's expected to rain on Saturday, and it gets cold at Robertson. This is a rain or shine event as we're on the turf (lightning would be the exception to this, we'll communicate via email and RainedOut if necessary).
- The tryout will vary slightly to be age appropriate, but all groups will cover the following stations: Hitting, fielding grounders, throwing, running 2 bases (timed), and catching pop ups. Players wanting to pitch or catch, will also have the chance do so immediately after their tryout.
- Plan for tryouts to last about 90-120 minutes, but could be + or - depending on how many kids in each group.
- All parents will need to remain in the stands or outside the field/fence.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to start time to check in and get warmed up, there will be a check in table to get your number, validate your registration documents and get the player out on the field. From there he or she can get warmed up and we'll get started promptly at the start time.
- It's important that the players pay attention, listen to the coaches when directed, and have fun! This shouldn't be a stressful situation, we realize the kids may be a little rusty from not playing in a few months or maybe this is their first time. But as long as they are out there doing their best, that is what is important.
- Teeball and Farm do NOT need to tryout. This is for Single A, AA, AAA, Majors, and Intermediates (ages below).
- However, if you registered for Farm, and are league age 6, you are encouraged, but not required to tryout for Single A, just show up and plan to tryout at your time listed below. If your player is drafted, we will move your registration to the new division. The price adjustment will show up on your account for the difference.
- See your "League Age" column below for the time slot.
- Please "like" our Facebook page for the latest information or the latest updates for weather the day of tryouts. We'll also email out any last minute changes.
- Please dress appropriately. It get very cold and windy at Robertson, set your kids up for success and ensure they are warm during tryouts so they can do their best.
- Draft day is when the coaches get together and pick teams. This is the best and most fair way to select even teams. All players will be selected, starting with Intermediate, Majors, AAA, AA, and finally Single A. Any remaining 6 year olds not selected will stay in Farm. Draft day is the week of January 6 - 9, and all parents will be contacted that week.
Makeup Tryouts are Saturday, December 14th
Robertson Park Field 1
|11, 12, 13||8:30am - 10|
|8, 9, 10||9am - 10|
|6, 7||10:15am - 11|
Please arrive 30 minutes early in order to warm up and get checked in. Drills will include fly balls, grounders, timed running, hitting, and optional pitching/catching.
Parents: Please watch tryouts from outside the bleachers or along the fence, parents are not allowed on the turf during tryouts. Thank you!
Please reference the League Age chart below to arrive at the appropriate time slot.
This is likely different than the current actual age of your player so double check the chart.
If you have any questions on this, please email [email protected]