Here are a list of current Board of Director and Committee member positions and their descriptions. Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions.Position Descriptions:
- Vice President - Presides in the absence of the president; works with other officers and committee members; is ex-official member of all committees and carries out such duties and assignments as may be delegated by the President.
- Secretary - Maintains a register of members and directors; records the minutes of meetings; is responsible for sending out notice of meetings, issues membership cards and maintains a record of league’s activities.
- Treasurer - Dispenses league funds as approved by the Board of Directors; reports on the status of league funds; keeps local league books and financial records; prepares budgets and assumes the responsibility for all local league finances.
- Player Agent - Conducts annual tryouts, and is in charge of player selection, assists president in checking birth records and eligibility of players; serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the local league and generally supervises and coordinates the transfer of players to or from the Minor Leagues according to provisions of the regulations of Little League.
- Upper Division VP - Manages the Upper Division coordination between leagues to ensure teams are filled, coaches positions are filled, scheduling, and all things upper division.
- President - Presides at league meetings, and assumes full responsibility for the operation of the local league. The president receives all mail, supplies, and other communications from the Little League International. The president must see to it that league personnel is properly briefed on all phases of rules, regulations, and policies of Little League. The league president is the contact between the local organization and Little League International. (Our constitution requires this position to have 1 year experience on the Livermore Little League Board of Directors.)
- Info Officer - Sets up and manages league’s official website; sets up online registration and ensures the league rosters are uploaded to Little League; assigns online administrative rights to other local volunteers; encourages creation of team web sites to managers, coaches, and parents; ensures that league news and scores are updated online on a regular basis; collects, posts, and distributes important information on league activities including direct dissemination of fundraising and sponsor activities to Little League, the district, the public, league members, and the media; serves as primary contact person for Little League and Dick’s Team Sports HQ regarding optimizing use of the Internet for league administration and for distributing information to league members and to Little League International. Provides player, coach, and manager records to Little League International in electronic format. Often takes on the role of PR and Marketing for the league, monitoring social media, and is the main point of contact for the league by Facebook, email, etc.
- UIC - Umpire in Chief - Serves as coordinator of and advises the league President on the league umpire program; responsible for recommending umpires to the league President for appointment to the league umpire roster; recruiting and retaining volunteer umpires; establishing a league umpire training program consistent with Little League® guidelines; coordinating and assisting with conducting umpire clinics at league and district level; communicating rule changes to league umpires; scheduling league umpires for regular season games; evaluating league umpires using established guidelines to maintain program integrity; further continual improvement, and prepare league umpires for advancement to tournament levels; communicating with and providing updates to the District Umpire Consultant on the league umpire program, and attending Umpire Training programs at the District, State, Region, and/or Headquarters level.
- Coaching Coordinator - Represents coaches/managers in league; presents a coach/ manager training budget to the board; gains the support and funds necessary to implement a league-wide training program; orders and distributes training materials to players, coaches and managers; coordinates mini-clinics as necessary; serves as the contact person for Little League and its manager-coach education. Receives and distributes coaching information from Little League International and distributes to all coaches and managers.
- Safety Officer - Responsible for the overall safety of the league; updating and distributing the safety manual. Coordinate and ensure all volunteers have a completed background check on file. Train or coordinate the training of first aid/safety/concussion protocol to managers. Assists in determining safe air quality playability during times of fire season.
- Fields Maintenance Director - Coordinate and organize a team of field crew personnel to ensure the fields are in safe, playable condition. Maintenance throughout the season and in the off-season. This continues throughout the summer tournaments, and fall ball season. Assists in determining safe playable conditions during rainy season when cancelations may be necessary.
Committee Member Positions (still in the works of finalizing what positions are available for upcoming season)
- Events Coordinator - Planning and organization skills are needed to ensure our events run smoothly. This project manager ensures everyone is communicating and planning in plenty of time for the events of our league.
- Tournament Director - Plans and organizes the tournaments after the regular season, brackets, seeding and placement. Also, plans and organizes the post season Livermore Elite tournament, and Summer tournaments with District 57 of various age groups.
- Teeball Commissioner - Organizes and runs the Teeball and Farm division. Establishes local rules, recruits managers, assists with scheduling, and distributes teams with the help of the selected managers. This is a 1 year position on the board. This person shall work well with others, have good organization and communication skills, and it is recommended that they have 1 year prior experience on the LLL board, but this is not a requirement.
- Equipment Coordinator - Organizes equipment to be handed out, ensures equipment is returned at the end of the year. Throughout the year ensures necessary supplies are available to maintain the fields. Works with coaches to ensure they have what they need readily available for games.
- Volunteer Coordinator - Little League is run by volunteers. The Board of Directors above and managers are not the only volunteers in the league. We also have Snack Shack, field maintenance, basket coordinators, various events to plan, among many other volunteers. This position assists in organizing and recruiting volunteers, as well as keep track of their time provided to the league. This person should be organized and have good communication skills.
- Snack Shack Coordinator - Maintains the operation of concession facilities; organizes the purchase of concession products; responsible for the management of the concession sales at league events; schedules volunteers to work the concession booth during league events; collects and reviews concession related offers including coupons, discounts, and bulk-purchasing opportunities; and organizes, tallies and keeps records of concession sales and purchases.
Registration Administrator - Responsible for holding in person registration, validating all birth certificates and addresses to ensure players are eligible for play in our district.
Fall Ball Coordinator - Runs, manages, and promotes Fall Ball season with the help of other board members and staff, coaches, etc.
- Fundraising Coordinator - Solicits and secures local sponsorships to support league operations; collects and reviews sponsorship and fundraising opportunities; organizes and implements approved league fundraising activities; coordinates participation in fundraising activities; and maintains records of monies secured through sponsorship and fundraising initiatives.
- Challenger Coordinator - Organizes and runs the Challenger division. Recruits managers and players, assists with scheduling.